Signature Research, Inc. seeks an experienced Software Engineer to join their team in Navarre, Florida.
The Software Engineer position is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys challenging work with tremendous growth potential. The Software Engineer supports Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) programs in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of analytical software tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER.
- Collaborate with our scientific programming department to establish a standardized software code development process from initial conception through delivery, maintenance and customer support.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of objectives as part of a team and with little supervision.
- Interface with a variety of commercial and government owned software systems.
- Write reports and develop/deliver briefings to customers on completed work.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $72,000 – $82,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a comprehensive benefit package and flexible work schedule.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR SOFTWARE ENGINEER.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, required.
- Knowledge of the following programming languages: Java, C / C++, Python, Julia and MATLAB,
- Experience with code generation, testing, validation and delivery, desired.
- Object orientated and parallel programming experience, desired.
- Experience developing/delivering/maintaining productized code to customers, desired; (Government customers, a bonus).
- Knowledge of standard software development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc.), a bonus.
- Proficiency interfacing in Windows and Linux operating environments, required.
- Possess effective communication skills (verbal, written, in-person) in working with teams and customers.
- Great attention to detail, ability to organize/prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high security office setting; no telecommuting.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, occasionally.
- Successful applicant will be required to apply and qualify for a Department of Defense security clearance.
INTERESTED? Apply online.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT THE COMPANY. Signature Research, Inc. is a small, high-tech business with offices in Calumet, Michigan and Navarre, Florida. We specialize in multi-spectral target and background signature data collection, analysis, modeling and simulation, software development, and operational analysis. Signature Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.